Social Media Examiner has a great article – 16 Ways to Use Social Media to Promote Your Event, that goes into great detail about each social media platform, providing best practices. Here are just a few of the ways to use social media for events from EXHIB-IT!:
- Create corporate accounts. No matter how small your business, you must create an online presence for your brand. Rather than being you, create accounts for your business. Post and build a following as your business. It’s too difficult to convert followers from personal to business accounts once your brand is bigger.
- Be selective. As you’re planning your trade show strategy, be selective in the products that you’re highlighting at the show and on social media during the event. You don’t have enough time to put everything in the spotlight so pick the best of the best and market those.
- Hashtag it. Use the hashtag for the trade show in your social media posts. Tweet and retweet using the Twitter handle (username) for the event. Use Hootsuite, or other similar platforms, to track where you and the event are being mentioned.
- Be Social. Along the same lines as using hashtags, be social and talk to the other people using your hashtag and event name. Some of the best business relationships have started with a simple tweet or share.
- Picture this. We would be remiss if we didn’t mention that we need to add something about using Pinterest and/or Instagram as part of your social media strategy. Ask attendees to share their event photos on these visual platforms so others can see how much fun or how informative your event was.
Interested in learning how to make the most of your trade show dollar? Download our FREE WEBINARS to learn more.